Perfect French Crepes
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- Have your ingredients at room temperature before starting. Mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a blender combine eggs, milk, 2 Tablespoon melted butter and flour mixture. Blend until smooth scraping the side of the blender a few times. Pour into that bowl you used for the flour and set aside.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat your pan to Medium High. Add oil and wipe it off with paper towel; set it on a plate and use this to wipe your pan after making each crepes.
- Pour some batter into the hot pan and tilt the pan so that the batter spreads out evenly. Cook for a minute tilting the pan in all directions to cover bottom of pan. I used 3 Tablespoons of batter for my 9 inches pan. This works well with a 1/4 measuring cup.
- When the edges start to curl, use a spatula to flip crêpes and cook another minutes. Slide crepe on a rack; cool. Stack on a plate separating them with a piece of wax paper. You can refrigerate them for 3 days before serving. (Can be frozen at this stage, wrapped tightly for up to 3 months).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!