Perfect Cherry Martini
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce cherry vodka, Three Olives brand
- 1 ounce pomegranate schnapps, Hiram Walker called for
- 1 ounce Brut champagne
- fresh cherries, for garnish
RED SUGAR MIX
- sugar (bakers preferred)
- red food coloring
- cherry extract (sub your preferred flavoring)
- Dip rim of glass in the schnapps, shake off excess then dip into sugar mixture; repeat for each glass.
- Chill glasses in freezer.
- Pour vodka and schnapps into a martini shaker filled with ice and shake until well chilled.
- Pour this into the chilled martini glassed until 2/3 full.
- Top off with the champagne and drop cherry in for garnish.
TO MAKE THE SUGAR:
- TO COLOR: Take the sugar/salt and place it in a heavy duty plastic baggy, then simply add food coloring until you achieve the desired color (remember to start with small amounts first and add until you get your color depth.) Allow to dry.
- TO FLAVOR: Add a few drops of food flavoring until you get the degree of flavor you like. This will also add an aroma to your rim which enhances enjoyment!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!