Perfect Bison Burgers
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs ground buffalo meat
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 6 hamburger buns (sesame seed, poppy seed, onion, or plain)
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 6 slices ripe tomatoes
- 6 slices onions (red, Vidalia, or Walla Walla)
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Season meat with salt and pepper; form the meat into 6 patties, being careful not to overhandle.
- Place the patties on the grill rack 3-4 inches over direct heat and grill, turning once, about 2 minutes per side for med/rare.
- Spread each bun half with 1 teaspoon butter; place the buns, buttered side down, on the grill rack and toast briefly.
- Assemble the burgers with toasted buns, patties, lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!