Peppy Paprika Potatoes
This is peppery, spicy, comfort good.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 lbs russet potatoes (about 4-6 potatoes peeled and cut in large cubes)
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or to coat)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss all but the butter together and place in a casserole dish.
- Top with butter.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Toss all and bake for 30 more minutes at 400 degrees.
- Garnish with additional salt and lemon if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I actually didn't have any onions so I cut up some chives instead. Because the recipe didn't specify how much lemon juice it needed, I just took a total guess. I used 5 cloves of garlic instead of 2-4 and instead of using hot paprika, I used regular paprika instead (because my mom and I don't really like spicy food). Came out wonderfully! Next time, I'll add 5-15 minutes to the second half of the roasting time to develop that lovely crispy flavor-packed edge that good roast potatoes have. Definitely making this for Thanksgiving and Christmas :)Reply
see 11 more