Peppers, Beef & Macaroni
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 (36 ounce) jar pasta sauce (I used Prego Chunky Garden tomato, onion and basil)
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 8 ounces shell macaroni or 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 small orange bell pepper (or red or yellow)
- salt, to taste (optional)
- onion powder, to taste (optional)
- Add water to a large pot, place on stove and turn on high.
- Run over to the table and frantically chop up the green and orange peppers into chunks. No need to dice or mince.
- When the water boils, add the shell macaroni.
- Dump the pasta sauce into a large sauce pan (about 3 quarts). Add maybe 1/4 cup of water to the jar, tightly close the lid, shake and empty rest of sauce into the pan. No waste! Heat on medium.
- Drop ground beef into large frying pan on medium heat.
- When the ground beef is about half cooked, pour in the peppers. Stir it all together. At this point, you might also drop in salt (I used sea salt - about 1 teaspoon) and onion powder (I added a lot - maybe 1 tablespoon). I didn't have an onion on hand.
- When the macaroni is done, add it to the pasta sauce.
- When the beef is cooked through and the peppers look a bit limp, drain the grease. (I didn't have the muscles, empty cans or lid for pouring it out, so I just wad up a paper towel, tilt the pan and let the grease collect in the paper towel. It works for me.).
- Add the beef and peppers to the pasta sauce and macaroni. Stir it all together, heat through and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!