Pepperoni and Bacon Topped Baked Beans
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 lb seasoned sausage
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can yellow wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 ounces pepperoni, chopped (can use more)
- 8 ounces prepared barbecue sauce (can use a bit more)
- 10 -12 slices bacon, uncooked
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a extra-large skillet, cook the sausage and ground pork with garlic until brown and crumbly; drain.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients, except the 8 ounces of barbecue sauce and bacon strips, combine well; cook until heated through (about 5 minutes) Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish.
- Spread the 8 ounces (or a bit more) of barbecue sauce evenly over top (do not stir)!
- Lay the bacon strips evenly over top of the casserole, covering completely (using more bacon strips if needed).
- Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!