Peppered Steaks With Blackberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 12mins
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks or (4 ounce) eye round steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coarsly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup smuckers seedless blackberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blackberries or 1/4 cup frozen blackberrie, thawed
- Combine lemon juice, oil, onion, and garlic in large plastic zip lock bag; mix well.
- Place steaks in bag and seal. Refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- When ready to cook, rub pepper around the edges of each steak. Preheat grill.
- In small saucepan add jam, vinegar, and onion powder. Cook over medium heat until jam is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place steaks on gas grill over medium heat, or charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-hot coals. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or till desired doneness turning once halfway through cooking.
- To serve, spread steaks with sauce and top with fresh blackberries. steaks can also be cooked inside broiler oven by placing on broiler pan 4 to 6 inches from heat and broiling 7 to 10 minutes or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family enjoyed this a lot. We used new york steaks per on sale at my local meat place and I like the tenderness of the cut. Used about 3/4 c. jam for a little extra sweetness. Also used both 1/4 c. frozen blackberries and 1/4 c. fresh raspberries in the sauce. The balance of sweet and tangy was great. Will be making again soon. Thank you for a yummy recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have 6 children 4 boys and 2 girl,ilove to cook and try lots of different foods,my real name is Britt and i live in louisiana i like to collect recipes,cookbooks,dolls,and angels,i just started having a intrest in teacups and teapots,i also like amish rag dolls.