Peppered Petrale Sole With Mushrooms and Lavender
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (used crimini and oyster mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 petrale sole fillets
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed to release flavor (or try this-Lavender Rub)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika (I was judicious with the amount. Add more if you wish.)
- lemon slice
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (I used an heirloom tomato)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced or 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 4 sprigs of fresh lavender
- salt, to taste
- In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté mushrooms and garlic in butter for 1 minute.
- Place fillets over mushrooms and sprinkle with the dried lavender (or my posted Lavender Rub), cracked black pepper (omit if using rub), and smoked paprika.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding the tomato slices the last minute of cooking. (The petrale sole cooked a total of 6 1/2 minutes. fyi).
- Garnish each fillet with lemon slices, green onions (and/or chives) and a sprig of fresh lavender. Season with salt, to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!