Peppered Beef Brisket in Beer
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- Place onion rings in a 4 quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle brisket with pepper. Place over onion rings in slow cooker. (Cut brisket in half to fit in slow cooker; if necessary.)
- Combine beer and next 3 ingredients; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on High 4 to 6 hours or on Low for 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter; reserving juices in slow cooker. Combine flour and water, stirring well; slowly whisk into juices in slow cooker.
- Cook, uncovered on High 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Serve sauce over brisket.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice and easy way to prepare a brisket without heating up the house on a warm day. I used Recipe #52689 for the chili sauce and omitted the brown sugar called for in this recipe completely. It came out very tender and flavorful. I didn't make the gravy to go with it...too lazy or rushed. Just served with some veggies and buttered macaroni noodles. Was great. Will make again. Thanks!