Pepper Seared Catfish With Mushrooms, Pine Nuts, and Pancetta
- Ready In:
- 2 catfish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 ounce pancetta, diced and blanched (or regular bacon)
- 1⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup oyster mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chanterelle mushroom
- 1⁄4 ounce pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons shallots
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic, pureed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- olive oil (for searing)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut each catfish fillet into 2 portions.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place the catfish pepper side down.
- Sear each side for 1- 2 minutes.
- Remove and place on a metal oven-proof dish and place in the oven for 3- 4 minutes or until no pink shows.
- In the reserved pan, sauté the mushrooms for about 2- 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 15- 25 seconds.
- Add the pine nuts, pancetta, lemon juice, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place the mushroom ragout (mixture) on a warm plate.
- Top with the catfish.
- Serve with grilled asparagus and sweet potato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!