Penne With Zucchini, Swordfish, and Herbs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Penne con Zucchine e Pesce Spada, from 1,000 Italian Recipes; Michele Scicolone
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces swordfish, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -6 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 lb.)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 lb penne
- In a big skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add in the swordfish; cook until the fish loses its pink color, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the swordfish and transfer to a plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To the skillet, add in the remaining 3 tablespoons oil; heat over medium heat.
- Add in zucchini, green onion, and salt to taste; cook/stir often, until the zucchini are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Return the swordfish to the pan; stir in the herbs and lemon zest; remove from the heat.
- Bring at least 4 quarts water to a boil in a big pot; add in 2 tablespoons salt, then the pasta; stir well.
- Cook over high heat, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss over high heat 1 minute to combine.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water, if needed; serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION