Penne With Shrimp and Mushrooms - on the Lighter Side
This is a tried an true WW recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chipped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups penne pasta, cooked and hot
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the margarine.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and mushrooms; cook, stirring as needed, until the shrimp turn pink and the mushrooms have released their liquid, 6 - 8 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Serve the penne, topped with the shrimp mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmmmmmmmmm, what a great break with the heavy winter foods and sauces. The lemon, which I was generous with, created a very light and fresh flavor. I skipped the butter and cooked the onion, garlic in just water. When the mushies and shrimp were added I used 3/4 tsp of olive oil. The penne was very enjoyable but I think I'll use lemon pepper fettuccine next time (and there will be a next time, I still have shrimp in the freezer!). Somehow the penne just seemed too large for the rest of the ingredients. The flavors are classic and the recipe is very quick and easy to made up. Made for Photo Tag.Reply