Penne With Sausage, Peas and Mascarpone
photo by Kitchen Witch Steph
- Ready In:
- Saute sausages in Dutch oven over high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, about 12 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add onion and saute until light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add cream; boil 5 minutes. Add broth; boil until reduced to sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Return sausage to pot.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until pasta is just tender but still firm to bite.
- Meanwhile, bring sauce to simmer over medium heat. Add peas and mascarpone and simmer until peas are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Add to sauce; toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful! And so fast to prepare! One of my favorite qualities in a recipe. I went about tidying and the kitchen and setting the table while I cooked this. Everything was looking nice when I set this in front of the family. Creamy and nice flavoring...I did add a little sun dried tomato pesto in as I just can't seem to leave things alone. Only used mild Italian as that is what I had and that was just fine. Parmigiano-Reggiano on the top. Thank you. Now I have time to make some dessert. Made for ZWT4 Italy.