Penne With Sausage and Broccoli
From Woman's World.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over meidum-high heat.
- Add sausage, cook, turning occasionally, until no longer pink, 20 minutes.
- Remove sausage.
- Discard all but 1 T fat from skillet.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook garlic, stirring 1 minute.
- Add pasta mixture, sausage, reserved water, 1/2 t salt and pepper flakes, heat through, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more