Penne with Creamy Carrots and Scallions
photo by Dine Dish
- Ready In:
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking bring broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add carrots, peas and garlic to broth; return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and scallions to veggies and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place well drained pasta in a serving bowl.
- Pour veggies/cheese mixture over pasta and toss to coat.
We enjoyed this dish for dinner today and found that it was simple to prepare, it didn't take long to cook and it had a nice taste. The only issue I had was that the sauce was rather soupy. Next time I will let the sauce simmer without the lid to allow some of the water evaporate and see what happens. Thank-you for posting this recipe!