Penne With Chicken and Gorgonzola Cheese
I found this recipe years ago and it instantly became my husband's favorite. I make it so much that I now do it by memory and with my own style and touch. Caution--it's addicting!
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola, divided
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb penne, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown 2 minutes per side, until edges are light brown.
- Add mushroom and cook, stirring often until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook until mixture is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Gorgonzola and parmesan. Simmer, stirring about 1 more minute, until cheeses melt. Stir in remaining salt and pepper.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce then sprinkle remaining 1/4 Gorgonzola and parsley on top. Warning: This is not a low fat meal, so you should enjoy immensely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION