Penne with Bacon and Tomatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (35 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb penne (or rigatoni)
- Saute onion and bacon in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent (do not brown onions).
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is lightly thickened.
- Add black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook penne or rigatoni according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Toss penne and sauce in large serving bowl and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been cooking and baking since I was a child and have developed most of my own recipes. I also love animals and cook for them, too!