Penne with Artichokes & Feta
photo by Kumquat the Cats fr
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces dried penne (about 3 cups)
- coarse salt
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed,drained,and cut in half (I use a tin of artichoke 10 oz and drained it.)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (3/4 cup)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a full boil and add the pasta and 1 tbs.
- coarse salt.
- Cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and reserve While pasta is cooking, cook bacon until browned and crisp about 5 min.
- and drain bacon on paper towel to help reduce the grease.
- When cool, crumble into small pieces Add the sliced onion to the bacon drippings in the pan and cook over med heat stirring often until wilted, about 3 min.
- Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned on the edges, about another 4 min.
- Pour in the broth.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, scraping up all the browned bits in the pan.
- Boil for 30 seconds to reduce the liquid slightly.
- Reduce the heat to med.
- and add the drained pasta, olives, and red pepper.
- Toss until well blended and warmed.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the feta and salt and pepper to taste and stir a couple of times.
- Cover and set aside, stirring occasionally, until the cheese melts a bit but not completely and the pasta is coated in creamy, clingy sauce, about 2 min.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve immediately with crumble bacon and chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Ontario and work full time as a consultant in IT for a communication company in another province. I create test cases and scripts and initiate the testing for the software changes that the programmers make to the company’s various programs. I have the pleasure of working from my home and dialling into their network. I also sell Avon for fun. I met my husband (Paul) on a blind date. We dated 3 years and have been married for 25 years. We have two children a son(age 20) and a DD(age 17). We have been blessed with the best two kids anyone could ask for. DH is a commerical airline pilot and currently is a "Check Pilot" on the A320. He is away quite a bit, so when he comes home I try to make sure he has a decent meal. He eats out when on the road so he really enjoys a good home cooked meal when he arrives home, while the rest of us want to go and eat out. I love to spend time in my garden, travel and try new recipes. DH and I love to travel or just spend time at a cottage in the summer. I have not been on a cruise but hope to within the next 2 years (maybe for our 25th wedding anniversary.) We pretty much eat anything. DH especially loves seafood (more than I do.) while I prefer to eat chicken. We are so predicable when ordering our meal at a restaurant. Next, I think it would have to be Italian and then something spicy like Thai or Indian. My family loves Indian food but I have never had the courage to make it. Maybe I will someday. I like to read true stories and criminal books. David Baldacci is one of my favourite authors. My favorite restaurant is "Bin 23", "Einsteins Cafe," "Abberfolye Mill" My brother sent me the link to Recipezaar and now I am hooked trying new recipes every day. I don't think I will buy another cook book. <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswapcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/37305/candyswap.jpg"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2232760&c=6698593" alt="frontpage widget"></a><a href="http://www.4computercoupons.com">Buy Laptop</a> <a href="http://www.4computercoupons.com/dell-coupons.html">Computer</a>