Penne Pasta and Artichoke Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This makes a pretty and delicious luncheon salad, especially when served on a bed of shredded romaine lettuce. See note at the end of preparation if you prefer a zesty dressing.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked, drained, & cooled under running water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, trimmed & chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed & coarsley chopped (NOT marinated)
- Toss all ingredients together, cover and chill for about an hour before serving.
- NOTE: Original recipe calls for 1 tablespoons dijon mustard (instead of 1 tsp.) and 3 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar (which I omit). That's too strong for my taste, but I wanted to mention it here in case you prefer a dressing with a little more zing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I definitely could not see making this without the full amount of mustard (I used a dijon/horseradish blend) and balsamic vinegar. I did add a little more of both, plus I added a teaspoon of salt and used only 1 tablespoon of oil. (The lack of salt may have been why one reviewer thought this bland.) It was terrific! I highly recommend it. Had leftovers for lunch the next day:D