Penne Gorgonzola With Chicken and Roma Tomatoes
Although I usually post healthy recipes, this one does not fall into that category! It is rich, creamy and decadent. If you like cream sauces, watch out!! This is a recipe my husband developed based on a dish at an Italian restaurant. I think his is just as good.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably Italian-marinated)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Grill or broil chicken breasts; slice into thin strips.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss with olive oil, return to pot.
- While pasta and chicken are cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan, heat to boiling, stirring constantly, boil 1 minute.
- Slowly add heavy cream, heat to a boil to reduce, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add Gorgonzola, parmesan and nutmeg.
- Stir until melted.
- Serve sauce over noodles, top with chicken and chopped tomatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was searching through the Johnny Carrinos menu when I saw Chicken Penne Gorgonzola. I thought that it would be a great dish to make. So I searched through a few recipes. This one seemed to be the simplest. It was absolutely amazing. I cooked it for my boyfriend and his friends and they just raved about how good it was. I made garlic bread to go with it. I would definitely make this recipe again.Reply
I made this last ngt, with a few modifications. I didn't use any tomatoes and used half/half rather than whipping cream. I also added 2 teaspoons of red peppercorn flakes I meant to add sun dried tomatoes but didn't pick them up at the store. This dish was GREAT! It will be on regular rotation at my hse.Reply