Penne and Spinach Pasta Bake With Blue Cheese
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces penne
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 85 g blue cheese, of choice (I use Blaukrantz a local blue cheese in S. Africa)
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 25 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- freshly ground salt and black pepper, for seasoning
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes, adding the spinach to the pan for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain well then tip the pasta and spinach into a shallow baking dish along with the crumbled blue cheese,pinch of chili flakes if using and seasoning to taste.
- Put spoonfuls of the mascarpone cheese all over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan then grill for 5 minutes until the mascarpone melts and the top turns a golden brown.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes and a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I,m a Mum of 3 (26,22,and 19)They keep me on my toes so to speak!!!!!! and rapidly heading for Hair dye. I live in Sunny South Africa but I,m of Welsh(uk)decent! I use to be(before the joys of Motherhood and domestic bliss Ha HA!) a nurse specialising in Oncology(Cancer nursing).Now I,m a stay at home Mum(although I,m a part-time secretary for DH,s small business.) I,ve lots I want to do in the pipeline now the children are getting older!I love to cook,its one of my passions,besides cooking I love to Read and enjoy anything from Medical thrillers,historical epics! to a good old mystery the more complex the better! On my to do list is learning to quilt,knit fair isle and bottle preserves properly! I live at the Coast and have done so for the last 5 years,its certainly a slower pace of life here than when we lived in the city. There is something very restful about living so close to the Sea even the storms are spectacular to watch.One of My wishes is to spend a weekend in a Light house,preferably in rough weather! I,m also *Mum* to 4 dogs(all girls!)Millie the boxer,Jessie the cross border collie who is slightly mad to say the least!and my 2 little Jack Russells Molly and Mandy who have me running about all over the place I wish I had their energy!I,de bottle it and make a fortune!