Penne Alla Napolitana
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces penne or 2 ounces other small tubular pasta
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Drop penne into kettle of boiling water, return to boil and boil gently for 8 - 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, toss with 1 tablespoons olive oil, return to pan and keep warm.
- Sauté garlic slowly in 3 tablespoons olive oil in skillet until softened but not browned. Add olives, basil, red pepper and tomato sauce. Heat. Stir in cheeses and heat, stirring, until chunks begin to melt. Pour over pasta. Pass additional grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!