Penne Al Funghi Porcini (Pierce Brosnan's Fave)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced (or dried and reconstituted in 1/2 cup water, save the soaking liquid)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped peeled tomatoes, liquid drained
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for passing
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the sliced porcini mushrooms with the garlic and parsley till tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and let it all simmer until the wine evaporates, about 5-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes(If you have used reconstituted porcini mushrooms, add the reserved soaking liquid now) and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the penne until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce together with the grated cheese. Let cook for 2 minutes at low heat. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve piping hot. Pass extra cheese for sprinkling. Enjoy!
Join The Conversation
Three of us immensely enjoyed this flavoursome pasta for lunch with crusty ciabatta rolls and champagne. I used fresh porcini mushrooms and my only changes were to use use more mushrooms (just love them!) :) and to add a good sprinkling of thyme in step two. Thank you for sharing Pierre's recipe with us, Sharon! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.