Penne a La Vodka With Crispy Prosciutto
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A vodka-tomato sauce adorning penne pasta sprinkled with crispy prosciutto and dusted with Parmesan cheese. Divine!! From thefood-e.com.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup vodka
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- 1 lb penne pasta
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange sliced prosciutto on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until dark red and very crispy, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan and cook shallots and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vodka, stir well and simmer for 10 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir until sauce thickens, add salt to taste, then remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to instructions, drain and return to pot.
- Crumble cooled prosciutto with your hands to create shards.
- Toss pasta with sauce and divide into four bowls.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and crispy prosciutto and serve with crusty Italian bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION