Penne a la Broccoli
A quick and easy meatless meal. Nice and garlicy! Serve with a crisp salad and fresh crusty bread!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces penne, cooked
- 1 bunch broccoli, cleaned trimmed cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Put broccoli in a saucepan with the olive oil, garlic, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil,lower heat, cover tightly, and let steam until the broccoli is bright green and very crunchy about five minutes.
- Add pasta to broccoli.
- Mix in cheese.
- Top with red pepper flakes, scallions and pine nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
So quick and simple to make, yet it makes a wonderful meal! It's perfect for a summer meal, since there's no heavy sauce. I used Chicken broth for the water, so I didn't need to add any salt. The only garnish I did not have was the pine nuts, but it was fantastic even without them. This makes a great meatless meal or side dish. Thanx for sharing!
I added chicken to this dish that I had sauteed in a little olive oil and sprinkled with montreal chicken spice. I didn't have pine nuts so I substituted slivered almonds. I also was missing scallions but it was still good without. No ground red pepper either, so I added a little more of the montreal chicken spice. At the end it seemed a little dry so I added a little chicken broth. It ended up being very yummy!