Pender Barbecue Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 6 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces yellow mustard
- 16 ounces white vinegar
- 3 large lemons, cleaned
- Heat butter over medium to low heat until completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir with a whisk.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add vinegar while stirring with a whisk.
- Cut lemons in half and remove seeds. Squeeze into sauce and stir.
- Drop lemon halves into sauce.
- Continue to cook for about 45 minutes until lemons are soft.
- Keep warm while brushing on chicken.
- The sauce freezes exceptionally well (even with the lemons in it).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a native New Orleanian who is primarily French, Irish, English, and Spanish. I have a degree in Chemistry and work for the Federal Government. I am married to a college Chemistry professor and we have two cats. In my free time, I tutor math and science, paint, restore antiques, garden, and sew. Living in New Orleans has taught me a real appreciation for food. Since cooking is a real passion for me, I have probably a hundred cookbooks. The only thing I can say that I don't like about my life is that I have to watch my weight.