Pei Wei Asian Diner Thai Blazing Noodles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from the Pei Wei Asian Diner website.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces light soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 3 ounces mushroom oyster sauce
- 2 ounces sriracha sauce
- 3 ounces ketchup
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- potato starch
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated chow fun noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup snap peas
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, top only
- 1⁄3 cup Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until evenly mixed. Reserve sauce.
- Cut chicken breast into ¾ inch squares. Whisk eggs, milk, salt & white pepper together. Place potato starch in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken through egg wash then dust in potato starch. Shake chicken in a strainer to remove excess starch.
- Heat 2 qts of water in a large sauce pan. Once boiling, cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until cooked all the way through. (This helps pre-cook the chicken). Drain on paper towels and reserve.
- In a flat bottom wok or a large sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil until smoking hot. Add minced garlic and tomatoes & return the chicken to the sauce then sauté for 5-10 seconds.
- Add noodles, snap peas and carrots. Add the Blazing Sauce and toss to coat noodles evenly. Simmer and toss until sauce is 90% absorbed into the noodles. Dish should not be dry or overly saucy.
- Add green scallion sticks, basil and cilantro. Toss well and pour into 4 bowls evenly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION