Peg Bracken's Irish Soda Bread Adapted
- Ready In:
- Make the sour milk by adding 1 1/2 tbs vinegar to 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Grease an 8x8 pan well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix in the oil until crumbly and meal-like.
- Mix in raisins and caraway seed.
- Add sour milk. Mix well. You will have a soft, biscuit-like dough rather than a batter.
- Bake at 350°F 35-45 minutes or until done.
- Note -- this can be dropped from a spoon and baked as biscuits instead if that better suits your needs. Increase the heat to 400°F and decrease the cooking time to 8-12 minutes according to how big you made them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!