MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecan halves, and pieces
- Butter a jelly-roll pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the brown sugar, sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla and stir until blended. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue boiling until a candy thermometer registers 238 degrees F., or the candy reaches the soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat, add the pecans, and beat well with a wooden spoon for no more than 1 minute.
- Immediately pour the candy onto the buttered jelly-roll pan. Let the candy stand for 1 hour, or until it has cooled (dried).
- Break the candy in pieces and store the pralines in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION