Peas and Artichokes (Greece)
photo by katew
- Ready In:
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add peas, lemon juice, pinch of sugar & chopped dill.
- Cover & cook about 10 minutes, or until peas are tender, then drain & keep warm.
- Cut off root ends of green onions & trim green tops, leaving about 1 inch of green attached.
- In a saucepan heat olive oil & cook onions to soften.
- Cut artichoke hearts into halves or quarters & add to onions.
- Add peas, salt & pepper & cook for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Like other reviewers, I felt that this was missing something. I began with fresh peas, which I blanched, then followed the directions as written; with the exception of adding more lemon, dill and sugar along with some butter to the pan before serving. The artichokes were great, but the peas were just okay. Thanks for giving me something new to try!