Pears Wine & Honey Roasted Pears With Cinnamon Cream Chees
- Ready In:
- 1 quarter cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and cinnamon, and blend until smooth. Cover & refrigerate until needed. Preheat the oven to 375. Cut each pair in half from the stem to the blossom end and remove the core creating a small cavity in the pear (a melon baller is the perfect tool for this).
- Spread the butter in the bottom of a shallow baking dish large enough to accommodate the pears. Place the pears cut side down in the pan. Lightly drizzle each pear with honey. Pour in the wine an d bake for 30 minutes. Turn the pears cut side up and baste with pan juices. Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until the pears are very tender but still hold their shape. Remove the pears and arrange on a serving platter. Cover to keep warm. Pour the pan juices in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil until very thick and syrup is reduced to a couple of tablespoons.
- Serve, spoon a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the cavity of each pear and drizzle with the syrup. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!