photo by BLUE ROSE
- Ready In:
- 6 pears, Bartlett work best, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (optional but strongly recommended)
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer on low for 15 to20 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Mash leaving some chunks.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made a double batch of this sauce, one with the almond extract & the other without ~ The latter batch I used added to some homemade cranberry sauce I'd made the day before & the combo sauce was very tasty! Loved the sauce as written, too, & it was great served with turkey we had left over from several Thanksgiving gatherings! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed as a PRMR Holiday Special reward]