Pear & Pumpkin Bread
This is made in pear or other canned fruit (15 ounce) cans, but can also used a standard 9x5 bread pan. Source: Shopper's Newsletter
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pear halves in natural juice, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- ****Note--if you use the four pear or canned fruit cans (15 ounce size)--open one end of 3 cans, drain fruit into bowl (except for the one can of pears) refrigerate for a later use. Wash and dry all four cans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Open can of pears, drain juice and chop pears. Set aside. (see above if using cans for baking).
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (flour - baking soda), stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (pumpkin - lemon juice). Stir in chopped pears. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, stir well to combine.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Spray cans or one 9x5 bread pan with Pam (or other cooking spray). If using cans place cans of baking sheet.
- Spoon batter into cans or bread pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes if using cans or 70-75 minutes for bread loaf pan or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This bread is amazing, and would have been a total 5 stars, but I had to add an extra 1/2 cup of pumpkin just to get the dry ingredients to come together slightly. I have made this 3 times now, the last time using chopped apple instead of the pears b/c it is all I had on hand. It is delicious! I used a loaf pan because I didnt have enough cans. I had to leave out the pecans because DH wont eat them :-P Otherwise I followed to the "T". Thanks!!!! Delicious!2Reply