Pear & Coconut Muffins
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces self-raising flour
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 6 pears
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can coconut milk
- Peel and dice the pears into small pieces, sprinkle with the lemon juice and place in a bowl with the egg & coconut milk. Mix these ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour & baking powder and add the salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible. You should have quite a wet batter.
- Pour into muffin tins/cases and bake at approx 180 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking. I'm not a great "chef" but nothing relaxes me more than spending hours (that i have to spare) in the kitchen inventing new dishes or trying out new recipes. Unfortunately, i'm a very picky eater myself so I tend to only cook things that I personally like, which is tough on my friends and family, but it means I put a lot of effort into making my meals extra-tasty!