Peanut Sauce over Rice (Benin)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons red palm oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon habanero pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 cup water, more if needed
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- Heat the palm oil in a pan, then add the tomato paste, habanero, salt, onion and bouillon.
- Cook for two or three minutes, then add the peanut butter and the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes. Serve over boiled rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">