Peanut-Lime Noodle Salad
photo by hollyfrolly
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti, al dente
- 2 -4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce (I like Tamari)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- In salted water, boil spaghetti noodles to al dente and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine everything except the oil.
- Once combined, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Pour into a bowl and set for at least 1/2 hour for flavors to develop.
- Toss all ingredients together (saving a tablespoons each of scallions, bell pepper, peanuts and sesame seeds to sprinkle on top of salad as garnish).
- Toss all ingredients with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor the salad.
- Garnish with extra ingredients.
- Best served at room temperature or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love my family and friends. I love music. I love creative people. I love to travel. I love to learn. I love food. I love to cook. I love eat and drink. I love to entertain. I love the farmer's market. I love Alice Waters and Ina Garten. I also love Anthony Bourdain. I love Barbara Kingsolver's book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I love Cookbooks. I love fresh ingredients. I love this site.</p>