Peanut Dipping Sauce
photo by I Cook Therefore I
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon thai hot sauce (I use the one with the rooster on the bottle)
- vegetables, for dipping (optional)
- noodles, of your choice
- fresh cilantro (to (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine peanut butter, ginger root, garlic, scallions, stock, soy sauce or tamari, vinegar, honey, cilantro and hot sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Check the seasoning and add more soy sauce, vinegar or honey according to your taste. The sauce should be a little sweet, sour and salty.
- Serve it with veggies for dipping or toss it with noodles and garnish with LOTS (we like lots) of freshly chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!