Peanut Cilantro Noodles
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to box directions, drain and rinse with cold water in a colander. Transfer pasta to a large bowl and toss with sesame oil and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat the broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook about 2 minutes. Set aside. Puree peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar in a blender or food processor; stir mixture into broth. Cook until flavors combine, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss together the pasta and peanut butter dressing. Add garlic, cilantro, green onions, peanuts and ginger. Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for 'zaar tag and it was very good. I used regular spaghetti, and forgot to put the ginger in (oops!), but other than that, I stuck to the recipe. Next time though, I think I might add some chopped green chilis for spice. I served this Asian spiced pork chops and stir fried sugar snap peas. It would be equally good on its own though. Thanks Hey Jude!