Peanut Chicken With Jasmine Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or use chili oil)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces, or use chicken breast)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped, do not use green bell pepper)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, chopped (more for garnish)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional or to taste)
- cooked jasmine rice (use any amout desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (can use a bit more)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 -4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- salt (to taste)
- Heat peanut oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken thighs; cook tossing with a wooden spoon until thoroughly cooked through.
- Add in red bell pepper and continue to cook until crisp-tender (about 2 minutes).
- For peanut sauce; in a bowl mix together chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper, ginger and cornstarch until smoooth, then mix in the peanut butter until well combined.
- Season sauce with salt to taste then add to the wok along with the chopped green onions and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes stirring with a spoon over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Add/mix in peanuts.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice and garnish with chopped green onions (and fresh cilantro if using).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!