Peanut Butter Onigiri/Rice Ball
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
it sounds very odd but it is absolutely delicious, for me anyway. I just discovered it on a whim. I think it is best eaten when the rice is still hot, because the peanut butter melts inside and is just gorgeous. please try it :)
- Ready In:
- 20 g natural-style peanut butter (no sugar)
- 100 g cooked japanese-style rice, can be white (I use brown (genmai)
- Place the rice in a thick patty shape on a sheet of cling film.
- Put the peanut butter in the middle, put a little around the edges too so it spreads well inside when shaped.
- Pick up the cling film and shape the rice into a triangle (or whatever shape), keeping the peanut butter inside.
- Peel off the cling film, enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these for my 7yo for lunch this week. She thought they were awesome and wants them on the regular lunch schedule! Since I have an onigiri mold, they were very easy to make. Also, since I made them the day before, to warm them up I pangrilled them with a little vegetable oil. I used regular short grain rice, but I will have to give brown a try next time. Thank you for posting!Reply