Peanut Butter Oatcakes
photo by Asian Sensation
- Ready In:
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or 2 pinches)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind 1 cups of oats until fine.
- In a large bowl, mix ground oats, the remaining 1/2 cup of oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- Add peanut butter to dry ingredients and mix with spoon or hands. Texture will be crumbly.
- Add cold water and vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish. Press oatcake batter into dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- If desired, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle over oatcakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am currently working at a children's hospital as a research assistant but in my spare time I love to bake, sing (in a choir...no solos please), and run! My grandpa, who died before I was born, used to own a bakery and left behind a binder full of recipes. I've decided to go through them one by one but this will be a trial-and-error experience since most of the recipes only list the ingredients and quantities! So I may need guidance writing out more thorough instructions :). Other tidbits about me: I am half Chinese. The other half is a mix of Dutch, French, English and German. I am an adventurous eater and will try anything once! My passion is to study medicine and eventually go abroad to serve in medical missions! Philippians 3: 7-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=philippians%203:%207-14&version=NIV