Peanut Butter Muffins
A dense muffin that tastes great slathered with jam or jelly! Be forewarned, they're a drier muffin, almost the consistency of a cornbread. But they're so tasty!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (can also use soynut butter)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- jam or jelly (any flavor)
- In a mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend egg and sugar, then peanut butter.
- When mixture is smooth, blend in milk.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in liquid mixture, stirring until batter is just moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite jam or jelly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were pretty good. I used whole wheat pastry flour, buttermilk and whipped peanut butter. They were crumbly, so next time i'll use milk as stated. Also, the peanut butter flavor wasn't strong, so natural PB would have been better. Finally, I'd prefer it sweeter, so i'll substitute the sugar for stevia next time. Overall though, it was a good recipe and with changes I mentioned, it'll be great next time.Reply
see 9 more