Peanut Butter Creme Brulee
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In saucepan combine milk, cream, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and cinnamon over medium high heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Temper the egg yolks with the cream mixture whisking until smooth then add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Strain mixture and pour into six 4-ounce ramekins. Set ramekins in a shallow baking pan and place in the oven. Pour enough hot water into the pan to cover the ramekins half way. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat broiler and sprinkle custards with remaining sugar and broil for 40-60 seconds and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?