Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rice Cake Crumbles (Or Popcorn)
photo by Dairy-Free Foodie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed or 1/3 cup sucanat
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter or 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted popcorn or salted peanut butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups plain rice cakes, just the crumbs or 8 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat your oven to 250ºF.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the syrup and sugar, stirring and cooking until the sugar is pretty well dissolved. This should just take a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt (if using), and cinnamon. If the peanut butter isn’t melting, place the pan back on the heat just long enough to coerce that peanut butter inches
- Stir in the popcorn or rice cake crumbles until well coated with the pb mixture.
- Spread the popcorn or crumbles out on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish, and pop them in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once, about mid-way through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the author of Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, the founder of www.GoDairyFree.org, and I also enjoy posting up recipes on my "hobby blog" www.OneFrugalFoodie.com. Aside from cooking, baking, and reading up on health and food topics, I enjoy everything that Vegas has to offer. Including hiking in the local mountains, sampling restaurants, seeing shows, hanging with my family, and simply relaxing in front of a good movie with my husband and cat.