Peanut Butter Brownies
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour,cocoa and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.x2 in.baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake - I usually bake mine at the lower end of the time frame).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these brownies on 5/12/10 for the Farm Event in the Cooking Photo Forum. I followed the recipe exactly as it was written, but I wasn't really happy with the end results. To me the taste was sort of bland, couldn't taste either the peanut butter or the chocolate. And they really weren't that moist. I really don't think that these are going to be made again. But thank you for taking time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Christian. Single Mom. ? Eternal optimist. ? Runner. ? Certified fitness trainer. ? Virtual Coach. ? Etsy Shop Owner <3 Brand Ambassador