Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter, natural preferred
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I used rice milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven - 350 degrees. Spray 8x8, 9x9, or 7x11 baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips; blend well. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, pressing down lightly. Bake 20-25 minutes - depends on pan size - til edges are golden brown. (I used a 7x11 pan and it was done in 20 minutes!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was my breakfast this morning, and what a delicious breakfast it was! It reminded me of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I know that it kinda negated the point of eating oatmeal, but this was just begging for a dollop of whipped cream to go with it! I made a half-recipe of this, which gave me 3 good-size servings. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014
Delightful and delicious breakfast treat! Loved the texture - firm yet soft and creamy, and the peanut butter and cinnamon combo was terrific. I made half of the recipe, using a whole egg and a little less butter to make up for that. Great recipe - thanks for sharing! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In some circles, I am known as the "pie lady" because I often make pie...I think it's easier to make than cake! I have an extensive pie recipe collection but am certain that it will NEVER be complete! (My muffin recipe collection is also large!) I am a firm believer in experimentation in the cooking department and often give "How To Cook Without A Book" for any appropriate gift-giving occasion! I also enjoy "playing" in the dirt and find that I need Spring because it gets me away from all the extra cooking I do in Winter! My Mom always said, "If you can READ, you can COOK!" and I have no patience for anyone who refuses to read in the kitchen!