Peanut Butter Avocado Cookies
photo by Anne Sainz
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup avocados, diced or 1/2 ripe Hass avocado
- 2⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine oats, baking powder, raisins and walnuts and set aside.
- Scoop avocado into medium bowl. Use electric mixer to cream avocado.
- Add peanut butter, egg and sweetener and combine until well mixed. Scrape beaters.
- Add oat mixture and mix by hand until combined.
- Drop cookies using rounded teaspoon onto non-stick baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. They are done when the edges of the cookies just begin to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In 2011, I saw a PBS Special, 3 Steps to Incredible Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It inspired me to change to a Nutritarian cooking style, which focuses on the nutrient density of the foods you eat. Since that time, I have been collecting recipes. I have found a few recipes ready to go but most of them were either too complicated for everyday use or needed some changes to fit with this eating style.