Peanut Butter and Vegetable Soup
photo by Anne Sainz
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (3-4 mushrooms, sliced)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium navy beans, drained and rinsed (or other low-sodium white beans)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth (or other low-sodium broth)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot (3 qt or more).
- Bring soup to a boil, stirring several times so bottom doesn’t burn.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer the soup until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Do not over blend.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In 2011, I saw a PBS Special, 3 Steps to Incredible Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It inspired me to change to a Nutritarian cooking style, which focuses on the nutrient density of the foods you eat. Since that time, I have been collecting recipes. I have found a few recipes ready to go but most of them were either too complicated for everyday use or needed some changes to fit with this eating style.