Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter (creamy)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, pureed
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar or 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat free margarine
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-sugar raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or cupcake cups.
- Beat together the peanut butter, carrot puree, sugar, and magarine with wooden spoon until well combined. Add yogurt, egg white, yogurt, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Be careful to not over mix, there will be some lumps.
- Divide batter among the muffin tin and put a spoonful of preserves on each muffin.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until muffins tops are slightly brown and they are no longer runny in the middle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've lived in Seattle for the last 6 years, 4 of which I was a student at the University of Washington. I've worked at Amazon.com since practically the day I graduated and am in my 3rd position here. My job is fun and challenging however, I will admit that whenever I need a brain break my fingers always find there way to recipezaar.com. I love to cook (needless to say), run, read, hang out with my friends, and anything that involves being outside on a sunny day. I have a definite passion for nutrition. I think that having a working knowledge of how your body uses food (and which foods are best) is one of the most powerful things in life. I plan on being here for a long time and need a healthy body to do it!