Peachy Keen Hotlanta Cole Slaw
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded (one small head)
- 3 cups carrots, shredded (about 4 ea)
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled & diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup green onion, sliced (tops & white part)
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped (I use two)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix cabbage, carrots, peaches and green onions together in large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar and all other ingredients. This is a very thin, tart dressing. If you like it sweeter, add a tablespoon (or more) of sugar or juice from any canned fruit you may be using. Taste the dressing and add the 1/4 cup additonal lemon juice or vinegar if desired. Add more mayo if you want it thicker. (I happen to prefer it not so sweet and very tangy.).
- Toss dressing well with cabbage mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Top with chopped pecans before serving.
- I sometimes substitute canned mandarin orange segments for the peaches. Canned or frozen peaches can also be used.
- If you have a farm style head of cabbage, use the large outer green leaves to line your serving bowl for a nice presentation.
- Recipe is easily cut in half.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">